The awareness of the human impact on the environment has increased, and there is a greater focus on personal as well as global consequences of individual lifestyle choices, unfortunately, sustainable development is still not a central topic of educational system in the Baltic states. To solve this problem, The Lithuanian Children and Youth Centre (LCYC) has started Erasmus + project „Jump into Sustainable Lifestyle“.
This project‘s aim is to intensively disseminate and adapt innovative practices of education for sustainable development in partnering countries.
The main objectives are:
1. To adapt a methodology, which has been prepared by PERL (Partnership for Education and Research about Responsible Living) to the needs of partnering countries (LT; LV; EE). The methodology will consist of theory, complete lesson plans and activity suggestions.
2. To improve competences of mainstream education teachers by organizing training seminars allowing to share good practices and learn new competences on education for sustainable development.
3. To put into practice the adapted PERL methodology and widely disseminate practices of education for sustainable development in partnering countries.
4. To improve the quality of education for sustainable development in partnering countries.
Project coordinator is the Lithuanian Children and Youth Centre (LCYC)
- Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences (INN)
- Centre of Creative Learning "Annas 2"
- Eesti People to People
- Project duration – 21 months (2017 September – 2019 May).
- School teachers
- School administration
- Students and their family members
Number of the Project Nr. 2017-1-LT01-KA201-035252